Learning From Home
While you're at home, we want you to be able to continue making progress and developing your learning. This is also a really special time to spend with your family, where you can enjoy learning together!
Class specific activities can be found on our 'Year Group Learning' pages (just click on the 'Learning From Home' tab above to find them).
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
If you have any questions about your child's learning, you can email your teacher on:
Learning at home
There's so much you can do at home! See how many of these activities you can complete while our school is closed.
- Build a den with cushions and blankets
- Bake a cake!
- Build a tower with toys or bricks - can you turn it in to a marble run or a ramp for toy cars?
- Make a 'potion' with water and washing up liquid (ask an adult first!)
- Play hide and seek!
- Make a paper airplane and see how far it flies
- Read a book
- Play dress up
- Create a treasure hunt around your house
- Write your own story
- For more ideas, check out our Home Learning Menu
Extra resources from great people!
- Do a yoga class with your children using Cosmic Kids Yoga on Youtube
- The Government have approved 6 apps for use with children under 5 - they include lots of different activity ideas including supporting language developing https://www.gov.uk/government/news/early-years-apps-approved-to-help-families-kick-start-learning-at-home
- Twinkl are allowing parents to download resources for free! https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/covid19-school-closures (Use code PARENTSTWINKLHELPS)
- '50 things to do before you're 5' have a free app with lots of activities which you can do at home. Its great for all aged children, not just the under 5! https://bradford.50thingstodo.org/app/os#!50thingstodobefore5/whats-it-all-about
- You can read an edition of First News here for free! https://schools.firstnews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/03/Lores_718-1.pdf
- Learn about what it takes to be a famous author with Authorfy; there's masterclasses from the likes of Michael Morpurgo and Onjali Rauf! Its free to sign up.
- Watch pandas being fed live at Edinburgh Zoo!
- Sing nursery rhymes with Mr Tumble on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIDg6m4gA0