At Bowling Park Primary, we recognise that the spiritual, moral, social and cultural element of a student’s life is an important part of a student’s’ development as an individual, allowing them to embrace their role in the community – locally, nationally and globally.
How we do it
Through weekly whole-school assemblies, our democratically elected School Council, Religious Education lessons, Topic lessons and weekly SCARF lessons our students are given opportunities to:
- Develop their spiritual and moral values
- Value everyone equally
- Understand British values and universal human principles
- Become active, responsible citizens in the school and community
- Develop an appreciation of positive role models and the natural world
- Develop an understanding of the interdependence of individuals, groups, nations and the environment
We provide students with a curriculum that enables them to develop a knowledge and understanding of diverse cultures and religions, particularly those within their own society.
Through these lessons, we seek to foster an attitude of tolerance and value towards those from a culture and background different from their own. We also expect students to develop questioning, reflective minds and learn how to express their ideas appropriately and respectfully.
Our students are encouraged to develop the ability to tackle moral and spiritual dilemmas and to try to reach independent judgements, which reflect universal human principles, British values and our vision.
What we achieve
Our pupils are successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens who are ready for the next stage of life.